The first debate of term will in fact be on Monday 12th October at 8.30pm in the Debating Chamber. Doors open at 7.45pm. This debate is open to non-members so please arrive early to ensure a seat. We will entertain the motion:
This House believes the right to free speech means nothing without the right to offend.
- Peter Hitchens (award-winning writer and Mail on Sunday columnist)
- Godfrey Bloom (UKIP and independent MEP 2010-2014)
- Tom Slater (Deputy-Editor of magazine Spiked, regular contributor to the Spectator and Telegraph, and involved in Free Speech University Rankings)
- Maninder Gill (Reputation Management and Privacy Lawyer with Simons Muirhead & Burton, previously ranked leading in-house lawyer by the Legal-500)
- Tim Squirrell (former President of the Cambridge Union Society)